A flow wrapper is a packaging machine used in the food and manufacturing industries to wrap products in a continuous flow of packaging material. It operates by creating a hermetic seal around the product, providing protection, and preserving its freshness. Flow wrappers are commonly used for packaging items like snacks, candies, baked goods, and other individual or grouped products.
Types of Bags
- Pillow Bags: The most common type of bag produced by VFFS machines, characterized by a simple rectangular shape with a sealed top and bottom.
- Gusseted Bags: These bags have expandable sides (gussets) that allow for increased volume capacity, making them ideal for products that need extra space.
Our bagging systems offer an impressive range of throughput rates, starting from an entry-level up to high-speed production line, ensuring efficient production at any scale to meet your liquid filling needs.
In-feed Method Options
- Conveyor infeed: A standard conveyor belt is one of the most common infeed systems. It carries products from a previous processing stage or from a production line directly into the flow wrapper for packaging.
- Lug infeed: This system uses lugs or pockets to carry products in a controlled manner into the flow wrapper. The lugs hold the products securely and precisely space them before they enter the packaging machine.
- Flighted infeed: Similar to the lug infeed, this system uses flights or small platforms to transport products into the flow wrapper. Flights ensure smooth and accurate product positioning for consistent packaging.
- Bucket infeed: Bucket conveyors use small buckets or containers to transport loose or bulk products into the flow wrapper, suitable for items like nuts, bolts, and similar components.
- Vibratory infeed: This system uses vibration to transport and singulate products before they enter the flow wrapper. It's useful for irregularly shaped or delicate items.
- Rotary infeed: A rotary feeder or turntable is used to collect and organize products before feeding them into the flow wrapper. This system is often used for high-speed packaging applications.
- Robotic infeed: Robots can be programmed to pick products from a conveyor or production line and place them accurately into the flow wrapper, offering flexibility for various product shapes and sizes.
Interested and want to know more? Contact us here!
You might also be interested:
Servo Powered Flow Wrapper - Changeover with ease
Servo Driven Flow Wrapper for easy changeover !Read more
Flow Wrapping with Robotics In Feed
Flow Wrappers with Robotic Pick and Place in feed to fully utilise the packaging speed !Read more
Entry Level Flow Wrapper
Entry Level Flow Wrapping Machine - pillow pack or gusset bagsRead more